After month’s of campaigning & having a rather interesting & intense election period, the question for Filipinos now is: Now what?
For today’s service at Victory, Pastor Jon shared 4 points:
1. It is time for intercession
– whoever gets elected, God is still seated on the throne
2. It is time for reconciliation (1 Peter 2:15-17)
– the love should be coming from the people of God
3. It is time for submission (Romans 13:1-3; 1 Peter 2:13-14)
– submission to authorities is God’s will and God’s call to His people
4. It is time to give our support
– to entrust all the responsibility of making our nation a better country to our elected leaders is foolishness. We have to do our part as well.
Humble ourselves. If so, it would be easy (i) to obey and (ii) to serve. (2 chronicles 7:14)