I must say this series was a bit different for me since I am not familiar with the creed. Somekf my notes are below BUT for the full text & to better understand the context, check out Victory’s podcasts in their official website.
I believe in the church
What is the church? Why do you believe in it?
The church is the gathering of those who know God.
-owned by the Lord
-called out / set apart/holy
True happiness is found in holiness where Christ called us to be.
Catholic means the universal church from the 4th century; not the Roman catholic church (5th-11th century) as we know now
The church helps stand against temptations & the attacks of the enemy. (Math 16:18)
A communion of saints
I believe in the Death, burial & resurrection of Christ
1 cor 15:1-6
1. Jesus suffered like the worst sinner
2. Jesus died & was buried as a true Savior
3. Jesus rose again as the true Son of God
Through Christ’s death, burial & resurrection, Our salvation is complete & eternally secure
I believe in the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body and the life everlasting
Implication of resurrection If it didn’t happen: 1 cor 15:14
3 implications since indeed it happened:
1. Forgiveness of sins (Luke 5:24)
– all sins are sins against God; everything I do, I do for or against God (Psalm 51:4; Luke 15:21)
– He not only forgives us of but also delivers us from sin (Titus 2:11) & empowers us to overcome sins (Romans 6:10)
2. Ressurrection of the body (1 cor 15:12-13, 20-23)
3. Everlasting life (John 5:24)
“As the moon only reflects the light of the sun, the creed reflects the power of the word.” – Faith Maranan